While the summer months allow you to enjoy the outdoors, when you are in your home, you still need to maintain a comfortable temperature in the indoor areas. This is also when you and your family use your AC for a longer time each day. On average, your HVAC system’s energy usage accounts for 50% of your utility bills, which makes it necessary to ensure that you maintain the system well.
Regular San Antonio air conditioning maintenance can go a long way in ensuring that the HVAC system functions as it should, providing you with the comfort you need without escalating your energy bills.
Some Useful Tips For HVAC Systems Maintenance in San Antonio
We at Air Texas are a leading company in this industry and have been providing high-quality HVAC maintenance solutions to clients across the region. Here are some tips from our experts to prepare your air conditioner for summer:
- One of the first things to do is to check your thermostat. Ensure that it is attached correctly and working as it should. This will help to maintain a comfortable temperature within your home.
- Keeping your air-conditioner working correctly is also a lot about ensuring that the airflow around the outdoor unit is not hampered in any way. Clear the area of dust, debris and leaves and make sure that nothing is blocking the ducts and vents. If you preserve the airflow of the unit, it helps to improve the systems energy efficiency.
- The wiring has a vital role to play in the overall working of your HVAC system. Make sure that the power is off, open the back of the unit and check the wires to ensure that nothing seems like it is burnt. Also, check whether the connections are secure.
- The next step is to inspect the capacitor and the contactor. These should not look swollen. Typically this is a check that your HVAC contractor in San Antonio will do.
- Another essential step of maintenance of the system is to measure its refrigeration pressures. When your technician does these checks, they will determine whether they are too high or low and will service the unit as required.
- The fan and the compressor are the other systems that need checking. The technician will ensure that the fan isn’t running too hard as that can cause overheating in the system.
- The HVAC technician in San Antonio will also check the motor to determine whether it needs lubrication.
- Air filter check is another important aspect of the maintenance process. The HVAC technician in San Antonio, TX, will ensure that it is clean and not restricted in any way.
- The last step of the maintenance process is to clean the air conditioning unit, which helps it operate correctly.
It is never a good idea to try to handle any HVAC repairs in San Antonio yourself. If you find that the unit is not working as it should, call in a professional technician to handle the job. For the best AC servicing and maintenance solutions, call Mark at (210) 602-7181. You also have the option to contact us via this Online Form, and we will revert shortly.